Care Costs and the Unique Benefits of Able's Live-in Carer Service
We believe our clients should NOT be charged for:
- Registering with the Agency.
- Assessment visits.
- Travel or staff costs for any subsequent visits/reviews.
- Payment of accounts in advance.
- Payment of accounts by cheque.
- Medication pads.
- Disposable gloves and aprons.
In addition we offer as part of our service:
- A personal Care Manager.
- A qualified Risk Assessor.
- 24 hour personal contact.
- Over 30 years experience of providing Live-in Care Schemes.
- Regulation by the Care Quality Commission (formerly CSCI).
- All care staff personally interviewed and referenced by us.
- A bi-monthly gazette and a weekly Newsflash.
Finally - our help and guidance whenever you need it.
Costs Regarding A Live-In Carer Scheme
The carers are paid a weekly rate ranging from £500.00 pw to £700.00 pw. The salary is normally paid to them at the end of the placement, for example:
The amount of salary paid depends on several factors:
- The level of care required.
- The number of people in the home to be cared for.
- The nature of the disability.
- The number of night disturbances
There is an additional £65.00 per day to be paid to the carers on a Public Bank Holiday.
The costs of a carer travelling to and from your home are also paid to the carer with their salary. We recommend that an average of £35.00 per week should be allowed for carers travel costs.
The other costs you need to be aware of are the carer's food and board. Again we recommend £35.00 per week should be allowed for this.
- Able Community Care can introduce you to Live-in Carers for whom an Agency Introductory Fee of £230.00 per fortnight (+VAT) is charged.
Carers introduced in this manner are not employees of the Agency. Their salary and travel expenses are paid directly to them.
Should a client wish to engage a carer, introduced by the Agency, on a private basis, a permanent Placement Fee of £850.00 (+VAT) is charged.
- We are able to offer a Live-in Carer Service on a planned respite basis or a 'home from hospital' service for periods in excess of 7 days and no more than 3 months.
The Agency Introductory Fee is £260.00 (+VAT) per fortnight.
The costs relating to Carer's travel and food etc. will still apply.
- In addition to the above, we can also provide a payroll service where we pay the Carers on behalf of the client. This occurs when the client is unable to receive this money directly from Social Services (or the Health Authority) or because the client is unable to manage their finances. In this instance, we will invoice the client (Social Services or the Health Authority) for the total costs of care.
The cost of this service is £54.00 (+ VAT) per fortnight.
- We can place carers with you who are employees of the Agency. These carers mainly work with our Social Services clients but can also work for private individuals on the same basis.
These carers are paid by Able Community Care and we will deduct the statutory NI and PAYE contributions, pay their travel expenses, Holiday Pay and Bank Holiday payments.
Costs for care using this method are generally 25% higher.
All our Live-in Care Schemes are designed to meet each client's individual requirements.
It is our aim to help provide an environment where the people we care for have choice, respect, dignity and a secure reliable service.
Please discuss any of these matters with our Assessor when we visit or, if you wish, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions.
If you wish to proceed and arrange a free, no obligation "Assessment of Needs" visit, we first need you to complete a Service User Access Form in one of the following ways.
Complete Your Service User Access Form Online
You may fill out and submit our Service User Access Form online directly from this website. Click here for the online Service User Access Form
Download and Print Your Service User Access Form
Click graphical link below to open the Service User Access Form in your browser to print it. If this does not work, right click the graphical link, then select 'save target as' or 'save link as' to save a copy of the form in .PDF format to your computer to print out.
If you cannot open this PDF file, you may need to download and install the Free Adobe Reader available here...
Please then complete and return the form to us by post or fax.
Alternatively, we can post you a printed copy of our current brochure, together with the Service User Access Form.
Click Here to Request a Printed Brochure